Senior Lightweight Systems Engineer
Up to £55,000.
Recruit 12 has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Lightweight Systems Engineer. An exciting and varied role on a permanent basis in the Advanced Battery Projects team, where the successful applicant will be involved in the development of world class battery technology for high performance applications in a range of sectors including automotive, motorsport, mining, aviation, marine and defence.
- Preparing, review, and maintain system requirements documents, SoW, functional specifications, System Leadership: Leads the system team allocated to the project, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks, and motivating and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones. Provides performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects
- Preparing, review, and maintain system requirements documents, SoW, functional specifications, Interface control document, system description documents, designs, DFMEAs and DVPs
- Planning and Scheduling: Defines, jointly with the Project Management department, commodity plan documents, schedule, issues and risk management plans
- Apply engineering fundamentals to problems (ability to carry out hand calculations or theoretical analysis of mechanical structures)
- Definition and oversight of development testing and design/product validation and verification activities
- Guide and support internal Research and Development projects and the work provided by other departmentsor external suppliers/subcontractors
- Create technical reports and customer documentation
- Mentoring, development and training to improve organizational technical capability
- Proven experience in Systems Engineering / Project Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or similar roles in heavy industry, mining, rail or hydrogen storage and vehicles
- Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical/Aerospace/Materials Engineering or in a relevant discipline
- Ability to work both as part of a team and autonomously, whilst managing team priorities
- Excellent communication skills, with a demonstrated experience of communicating to a variety of stakeholders.
- Pension through Aviva (8% employer contribution which will increase to 10% after 3 years service)
- Life assurance
- Group income protection
- Health Cash Plan (this covers all aspects of health and wellbeing including money towards dental, optical, MRI, physio, etc)
- Private Medical (not inclusive, small P11D cost)
- Bonus scheme (dependent on results)
- 26 days holiday plus 8 public holidays.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist, working within the Automotive, Advanced Engineering, Nuclear Industry, Renewable Energy and Construction sectors
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa.